Role of the Task Force
The role of the Task Force is to:
- Encourage member institutions to propose ideas for Utrecht Network Summer Schools. See: Hosting a Utrecht Network International Summer School
- Assess applications by potential Summer school hosts, including funding requests, check the conditions on site and recommend summer schools to the Steering Committee.
- Provide advice to organisers, if requested, on general principles of organising a school with Utrecht Network support.
- Help advertise schools for recruitment.
- Help advertise the Utrecht Network during the school.
- Asses the evaluations of the summer school from an organizational point of view.
- Contribute to projects dealing with summer schools as a means of internationalisation.
Utrecht Network Summer Schools should meet the following criteria:
a) an academic committee is organising and monitoring the content of the school;
b) the majority of institutions represented in the academic committee should belong to Utrecht Network;
c) the majority of participants (students and/or doctoral candidates) should belong to Utrecht Network and partner consortia, including locals, but not exclusively;
d) fees should be different for participants from within, including partner consortia, and outside Utrecht Network.
Further information about Utrecht Network Summer Schools can be found here
- Amparo Villen, Universitat de València (Spain) – Chair
- Svend Poller, Universität Leipzig (Germany)
- Bettina Nelemans, Universiteit Utrecht (The Netherlands)
- Sabine Pendl, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (Austria)
For enquiries about the Task Force please contact: [email protected]